I don’t know about you, but I love learning new little facts each day. Although many of the facts I learn hold very little relevance or application to anything in life, they always seem to lift my mood. Today, I thought I might share ten cute/funny facts about animals, in hope that they will lift your spirits as much as they lift mine! Let’s begin, shall we?
Did you know:
- Sea otters hold hands when they sleep, so as not to drift apart.
- Gentoo penguins propose to their life mates with a pebble.
Sweden has a rabbit show-jumping competition called Kaninhoppning.
- Japanese Macaques make snowballs for fun.
- Dogs’ nose prints are as unique as human fingerprints and can be used to identify them.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Squirrels will adopt other squirrels babies if they are abandoned.
- Baby Elephants will suck their own trunks for comfort.
The red panda uses its long bushy tail not only for balance, but also as a blanket during chilly winter nights.
Squirrels plant thousands of new trees each year simply by forgetting where they put their acorns.
I know this isn’t a very wordy or long post, but I hope it brightened your day anyhow- even just a little bit!